we went to Neuquen for a conference and I don't fit in the buses to travel.
I didn't take pictures with other people with my camera.... sorry
and this is a little park in Catriel
Well this week was good. We had 29 people at church yesterday. that is good here because it is just a small little branch. There is a lot of work to do though. There are a lot of less active members to work with. But we also had 2 investigators in church yesterday and that was really good!
We also had a conference in Neuquen with President this week. it was a three zone conference. It went really well. We taught a lot about working with the members! And it was great to see people who I hadn't seen in a while! Always fun to see the other missionaries.
We found a couple new people to teach this week. that was pretty good. but we also couldn't find some people. But we have been working a lot with less actives. We visited a lot this week to help strengthen their testimonies and their trust in Jesus Christ.
What are you willing to do for Christ?
I want to invite you all to think about this question.
One thing from this week that i studied and thought a lot about is the church is perfect! Absolutely perfect. The members of the church aren't perfect and we go to church to get better. a saint is a sinner who keeps on trying. This is the restored church of Jesus Christ. And it is led and guided by Christ himself. He gives revelation to us through the Prophet. I know that is true. i know that there is a prophet on the earth today who leads and guides us through revelation.
Have a great week.
con amor
Elder Opfar
hey mom! This week was good. I got the talk about the Good Samaritan and the lost symbols. It was really good!
Glad that y'all got to see their homecomings. I think I might struggle putting my thoughts into English too. Sometimes it already happens to me...
1. What scriptures touched you this week?
D&C 1:37-38. just with conference and everything, it is really what our heavenly Father wanted us to hear and it is His words. We should obey them because that is how we will truly be happy
2. What is the most interesting thing you have learned this week?
I was reading some old conference talks from a couple years ago and in one of them they mentioned something that Pres. Benson said. It was like 14 fundamentals about the prophets. I really liked it. it was good.
3. How did the asparagus go? Did it taste ok?
it was pretty delicious. asparagus with butter and salt.
4. How was your first real week of church in Catriel?
really good! we had 29 people there with 2 investigators and a less active came! it was good! we only have 2 hours up here
5. How is the work progressing? Are you teaching anyone?
we found 2 new people. but we are dropping one of them because he just was saying yes to the commitments we gave him but he didn't complete them... and we went by his house before church yesterday and he said he couldn't leave the house alone so he wouldn't go with us.
6. If you could do one thing over again this week, what would it be?
uhm I don't know.
7. Where do you grocery shop in Catriel?
at the Anonima or at a super market called Hong Kong. it is run by Chinese people.
8. Do people use public transportation or drive themselves places there? Do a lot of them walk?
walk or they have cars. there aren't buses here
9. Do most of the people work in oil/gas?
yes ma'am. like Rincon
10. Is it as dusty and windy as Rincon? How has the weather been?
uhm a little. there is cement but only in the center and on the outsides it is just dirt roads
11. What are your P-day plans?
we already did our shopping so now write and eat and I think take a little nap. not much to do out here.
No comments:
Post a Comment