Argentina Neuquen Mission
July 2014-July 2016

Argentina Neuquen Mission

Argentina Neuquen Mission
Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, October 19, 2015

Getting Warmer....








Well this week was good. It is starting to get hotter that's for sure. Yesterday felt pretty hot outside. So that's always super fun. 

But this week was good! I noticed more of the tender mercies from the Lord. I promise there are tese tender mercies everyday in our lives. We sometimes just dont even notice them. But it helps at the end of the day about what about that day and we can start to see them more in our lives. 

Another thing I noticed more this week is the kids yelling hello at me. Like they see me and think oh hes a gringo ¨hello¨ so that's fun. I always respond to them in English and they are left there just like what did he say

This week was good. we found 4 new invetigators. and a couple of them are family of some of the members so we are going to work with them more. the other couple are our old dueños. We left a Book of Mormon with them and now we are teaching them! thats awesome! In church yesterday we only had 23 people. I think part of the reson why is because yesterday was Mothers Day (the Argentine Mothers Day) Happy Mothers Day mom! But yesterday for lunch we ate an asado with meat and chicken and lamb and it was super good! But we are looking forward to a good week coming up here! 

John 17:3 is a scripture I read this week that I really like. It talks about knowing God and Christ and the way we can come to knpw them both more and personally is through the scriptures. Through studying the scriptures. I have come to love to study the scriptures. I look forward everyday to just keep to study and learn more. 

This video is by Elder Bednar. it talks about the light of christ. I invite y'all to watch it and to also watch part 2 and 3 and to think of how you can apply it in your lives. 


have a great week! 

con amor
Elder Opfar


Hey mom! this week was good. last monday i bought a sd card adapter and a new tie... 
And Happy early Birthday this week! 
good to hear liza got her braces off! thats exciting! Im sure she is jsut super excited about that! 


1.  Does your branch have a good youth program?

their aren't like any active young men and of young women just one I think. not the best


2.  What is the most interesting thing you learned this week?

well I finished the Book of Mormon and I received a great impression that it is true. 


3.  How is Elder Pineda doing?  Does he like the mission?

he is doing good. he misses his house a little but its always like that towards the beginning. He is getting better though, adapting really well. 


4.  What is your new pension like?  What are the floors made out of?

the floors are ceramic. it is small and nice. 


5.  What has been your most tender mercy this week?

I dont know. but on tuesday we had a district meeting in 25 de mayo and we talked about that there are people ready for the gospel and in the taxi ride back to catriel the guy was prepared. and we had a super great conversation with him about the gospel! 


6.  What is the hardest thing about this area?

we have a lot of less actives. and the members have somewhat difficult schedules to come with us. but it's okay. 


7.  What do you love the most?

uhm I don't know. I like the members here.


8.  What strengthens your faith when you feel down?

a talk by President Eyring. He says ¨when my body begs for rest i give myself this rallying cry, Remember Him¨it is from the talk of learning your duty in the preisthood session a couple years ago. helps me keep going even when I'm tired 


9.  What are your neighbors like?

uhm our dueños, landlords, are super nice. they are an older couple 


10.  What has been the best thing you have studied this week?

well I finished the BoM, that was good and I have been studying from the New Testament right now

No comments:

Post a Comment