Well so we had transfers yesterday and I spent the entire day traveling. Right now I am in a little city about 2 and a half hours north of Neuquen called Catriel! It is just a small little city with not much going on. Well it has been raining and the streets are all dirt so now it is just straight mud. Fun stuff ya know. But my companion is Elder Pineda. He is from Mexico. And I am finishing his training so that's fun! I'm excited to be here and work with him!
But anyway this last week in Bariloche was pretty good. We started teaching a lot more people and it was just overall a good week. We were able to be out and just teach more lessons although we did have a lot lessons that fell through again... But oh well not much we can do if the people arent home.
On Sunday we brought an investigator to church and he loved it! It was super awesome! And then Sunday we went around to the members and said bye to them. I'm going to miss Bariloche but I am excited to be here in Catriel to move the work forward!
This week I thought about my testimony about the Book of Mormon. I know it is the word of God. It is without any doubt another testament of Jesus Christ. I know that without any doubt in my mind. I am so grateful for the opportunity that i have to be a missionary and share this with others!
Have a great week!
con amor
Elder Opfar
Hey mom! Yeah I'm doing good. yes I got transferred. I'm in a small city north on Neuquen called Catriel. And I am finishing the training of my comp. his name is Elder Pinera. He is from mexico.
I'm glad that y'all had a good time and the time out for women! that is fun!
1. I was looking at Hermana Larmouth and Hermana Bailey's blogs, and both of them have talked about investigators and baptisms. Do people seem more open to listen to the Hermana missionaries than the elders sometimes?
yeah sometimes.
2. Have you been able to find Matias?
we found him and set an appointment with him but when we went he wasn't there...
3. Were you able to reach your teaching goal this week?
no. we taught 6 lessons this week, but that is better than the week before...
4. Besides the pants that tore, how are your other clothes holding up? How are your feet?
they are good. everything is good dont worry. my feet are good.
5. Were you able to do any service this week?
this week no. we were going to do service for the bishop but he never called us to confirm it.
6. How did you see your prayers answered this week?
we were able to find some people in their houses and teach them a little. and we had an investigator in church on Sunday!
7. What is the music like in your ward? Does everyone sing?
yeah but no one sings loud... so yeah. it isn't like the states
8. Have you had a lot of people at church the last few weeks?
we have been above 50 people for the past couple weeks,.. that was really good.
9. What are you looking forward to this week?
well we have a baptism here on Saturday here in Catriel! should be good! I'm excited to be here and work!





No comments:
Post a Comment