Argentina Neuquen Mission
July 2014-July 2016

Argentina Neuquen Mission

Argentina Neuquen Mission
Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

#BECAUSEHELIVES


Elder Saldivar and Elder Opfar


The Cipolletti Zone

Monday- PDAY. We had zone pday. Made some pancakes then played soccer and basketball and had a water balloon fight. 
Tuesday- We did a tsunami for some of the elders in Cipo 2. And then in the afternoon we did some service. We took some paint of a roof and repainted it.
Wednesday- We had mission correlation. We were able to visit a less active. and then we went to a few other people but they weren't home. 
Thursday- We contacted and had a little success. We did an activity and we watched The Testaments. There were a few investigators that came. We tried visiting a less active but they weren't there. We talked with Victor but only for a couple minutes. 
Friday- We once again contacted with a little success. We then visited an investigator Axel. We walked a lot today.
Saturday- We did English classes. And we had zone training. That went well. I spoke at it about prayer for about 10 minutes. We tried visting a potenial investigator but he wasn't home. 
Sunday- We had church and had 48 people there. I once again lead the music. We then were able to visit a less active.

This is what the church is now doing with Easter. And we are doing it here. We are sharing that our Savior Lives. I invite all of you to talk the couple minutes to watch the video in this link. And remember the real reason for Easter. To remember our Savior and what He did for us. I know He lives. 

con amor
Elder Opfar




1.  What are your plans for General Conference?  Do you know where you will be watching?  
We are going over to the chapel in Cipo 2 to watch the broadcast. I am excited! I  love General Conference.

2.  What Easter celebrations will you be involved in?  Will they have candy and stuff?  An asado?
I have no idea honestly. We will see this week what happens.

3.  Quick 6 weeks...transfers are next Monday.  Do you think that your area will be changed with all the closings coming up?  
I don't know. I think 1 area here in Cipo 1 will be closed. but yeah this transfer went by super fast

4.  What have you been studying this week in  your personal studies?
I have been reading in Doctrine and Covenants. I'm in Section 75. and I have been reading in Jesus the Christ. I am almost done. 

5.  Were you able to serve anyone this week?
Yes. We helped an hermano in the ward take some paint off his roof and repaint it

6.  What has been your most significant tender mercy?
We found an investigator that we have been looking for for the past 4 weeks. We got his number so we can keep in touch about when to visit him

7.  What are you looking forward to this coming week?
general conference!

8.  What scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?  
I really like in 2 Nephi 4:30-35

9.  What has been your biggest success this week?
teaching some people

10.  What has been the hardest or given you the most concern?
investigators. not being able to find them.

11.  How is the weather?  It looks like it's cooling down.  Are the leaves changing?
it is nice. it feels great outside. yes i have started to see some yellow on the leaves

12.  If you could do one thing over again, what would it be?
uhm I don't know

13.  What is the funniest thing that happened?
well we had a water balloon fight last pday. that was pretty funny


***Here is the scripture Tyler referred to...this section of 2nd Nephi is often called the Psalm of Nephi.

2 Nephi 4
30 Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation.
 31 O Lord, wilt thou redeem my soul? Wilt thou deliver me out of the hands of mine enemies? Wilt thou make me that I may shake at the appearance of sin?
 32 May the gates of hell be shut continually before me, because that my heart is broken and my spirit is contrite! O Lord, wilt thou not shut the gates of thy righteousness before me, that I may walk in the path of the low valley, that I may be strict in the plain road!
 33 O Lord, wilt thou encircle me around in the robe of thy righteousness! O Lord, wilt thou make a way for mine escape before mine enemies! Wilt thou make my path straight before me! Wilt thou not place a stumbling block in my way—but that thou wouldst clear my way before me, and hedge not up my way, but the ways of mine enemy.
 34 O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.
 35 Yea, I know that God will give liberally to him that asketh. Yea, my God will give me, if I ask not amiss; therefore I will lift up my voice unto thee; yea, I will cry unto thee, my God, the rock of my righteousness. Behold, my voice shall forever ascend up unto thee, my rock and mine everlasting God. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment