Argentina Neuquen Mission
July 2014-July 2016

Argentina Neuquen Mission

Argentina Neuquen Mission
Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, February 2, 2015

This week in Cipolletti

 
 
 
 
Fruit Trees 


 
The location of Saturday's activity

 
The Cipolletti Zone
 
 

Monday- We had a good pday. We played some soccer and basketball with the other Elders in the other ward here. But towards the end Elder Thorum felt a little sick so we stayed in the pension and he rested.
Tuesday- We had district meeting. We did some service before lunch. We helped clean up a pool. We had some appointments that fell through. So we contacted but didnt have any success.
Wednesday- We had a pretty good lesson today with a less active. We contacted with little success. We talked to a man and compared us (not sure if Argentina and USA or Catholics and Mormons) to River and Boca.
Thursday- We did our weekly planning. We contacted a lot today.  we were contacting and we talked to a guy who lived in Sugarland Texas for 6 months like foreign exchange student. He lived with a family that are members. And they took him to church and he got up sometimes to go to seminary. He had a super good experience with the church. So that is awesome. Unfortunately he is only visiting. He is at college in Buenos Aires. but we are going to go back and try to visit him and his family and see if something comes from it.
Friday- We contacted a little And we did a tsunami in our area to help us try to find new people to teach. We had a little success with that. We had a good lesson with a less active. And today was 6 months in the mission. It is crazy how fast it has gone by.
Saturday- We had a ward activity today. We got permission to go to it from President because it was from like 10 am to 5 pm. We played some soccer and volleyball. When we left we walked and waited for the bus. but it never came so we started walking up to the route to see if we could find it. We walked a long way and we walked a little down the route towards Cipolletti. And then finally a bus came and got in.
Sunday- We had church today which was good. And then we just visited some lñess actives.

Have a great week! 

Con Amor,
Elder Opfar


Hey mom. I'm doing good. Can't believe it has already been 3 weeks here in Cipo and 6 months in the mission.
I got the plan of salvation cut out and the talk by President Monson. I also got a letter from the Egans- the one through pouch mail.


1.  What stood out to you in your studies this week?  Anything in particular give you strength?
So we started the Book of Mormon over again and I have kind of been picking out the things that all talk about laboring with all diligence and with all your might. and teaching with power and authority and looking at the examples of the missionaries in the Book of Mormon

2.  Did any Scripture Mastery verses come in handy this week?
I used a couple when teaching a few less actives this week

3.  What was your favorite meal?
I really love milanesa. it is like a breaded meat that is fried. chicken or carne. I like them both.

4.  Are there any families who take particularly good care of you?
the active members here are all pretty great. like for one they make sure that we have lunches everyweek

5.  When we moved to Texas, I thought that the different animals here were strange (possums, road runners, wild boars, armadillos).  What are some of the animals or birds there that are different from here?
I have seen a few birds that look diferent but I dont know. I haven't seen a whole of of animals. but from what I hear there are like some ostrich looking birds here.

6.  There was a baptism in Rincon, looked like it was maybe from E.Gomez's area, it was J*** L***  Do you know him?
he sounds familiar. I believe I know him.

7.  Are you using your CO2 detector?  Your gas stove makes me nervous.
we turn the gas off when we aren't using it. and we have a CO2 dectector in the pension. There were one put in all the pensions like 2 transfers ago.

8.  Who has been the most influential person to you on your mission?
hmm I dont know.

9. What was the best thing that happened this week?
We got to go to the ward activity on saturday from like 10 am to 5 pm. we got permission from president. that was great. played some soccer and volleyball and ate and just talked with members

10.  What was the hardest thing?
our area here is hard. we contact a lot everyday and get little to no success out of it.

love you guys


No comments:

Post a Comment