Argentina Neuquen Mission
July 2014-July 2016

Argentina Neuquen Mission

Argentina Neuquen Mission
Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, February 23, 2015

...we can strive to be better each and every day














Monday- pday. We played some soccer. I rolled my ankle so that was fun. Elder Thorum didn't feel good so we stayed in. We started exchanges. 
Tuesday- We had district meeting. I was with Elder Shearer in their area. We visited a couple less actives and had a good day. Elder Thorum just stayed in the pension not feeling good.
Wednesday- We visited a couple less actives in our area. but they weren't home. and also one of our investigators wasn't home. We didn't have much success contacting
Thursday- We did weekly planning today. We visited a less active. And we were able to visit our investigator Orlando. He talks A LOT. about random things. We were able to visit a member family too and talk with them a little. It was all pretty good
Friday- We had mission correlation today. We were able to visit another less active. We went to an investigator and talked with him for a couple minutes. he told us he is good with his religion. doesn't want us coming by anymore. but he told us he learned a lot and his view on us changed- not what he thought it was. We had a little success with contacing. 
Saturday- We did some contacting with not much success. We had transfer calls. I am staying here in Cipolletti and my new comp is I think elder Saldivar. I believe he is from Paraguay! Should be fun! I'm excited for this next transfer. 
Sunday- We went to church. We had 42 people there today. And i once again directed the music is sacrament meeting. We visited a couple members abd Elder Thorum packed. 

This transfer has gone by so fast: I cant believe it. It just makes me think of how fast everything goes around us. And if we are really doing everything we can everyday to become our full potential. To be what our Heavenly Father wants us to be. And how we can strive to be better each and everyday. We can look back on the day and see what we did or didn't do and change the next day to become better. 

Have a great week everyone!
Con amor
Elder Opfar

1.  How has the weather there been?  Is it still pretty hot?  Does it feel hotter in Cipo or in Rincon?  When is it going to start cooling down for fall?  Is it still raining and flooding a lot?
this week was a little colder than normal. it felt great. but now it is starting to heat back up. i think it will start going down in like April or May. no we haven't had rain since like the other day

2.  Did you get more lunches this week?  I've been hoping people are feeding you!
we only had 2 this week. one family who feeds us twice was gone. they were in Chile but they are home now. we should have more this week

3.  When you got to Cipo 6 weeks ago, you said that there had been cockroaches in your pension. Have you seen any?  Are they big?
yeah I have seen some. they are just really small.

4.  Do you have the same dog problems in Cipo that you had in Rincon?  Or are there less dogs on the streets because it's more of a city?
yeah. there are a lot less. like yeah we still see them but it isn't like Rincon and all those ones

5.  What are some of the hardest things for you to say in Spanish?  Like, is there anything that you have a hard time saying so that people understand you?
no. its really just conjugating verbs. because there are different tenses that mean the same thing but are only used for certain things

6.  Have you heard from Elder Mena since he went home?  
yeah a little. i still email him a little bit

7.  Did you experience or see any miracles this week?
we have a few people to go and visit this next week. some potentials

8.  Anything funny happen?
uhm I don't know. I don't remember. I'm sure

9.  Did you learn anything new in your studies this week?
well like i have been reading the Book of Mormon. and I have really been seeing/looking at the missionaries in that. like how they preach boldly. with power and authority. and yeah. I just like it

No comments:

Post a Comment