Argentina Neuquen Mission
July 2014-July 2016

Argentina Neuquen Mission

Argentina Neuquen Mission
Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, January 26, 2015

Cipolletti..."So, I cut my own hair this week..."

Tyler might have a career as a barber...he cut his own hair and did a pretty good job!


The pension:






Monday- Today was pday so that was good. We visited a family in our area and then we started exchanges. 
Tuesday- We did exchanges today. I was with Elder Hill in his area. That was pretty good. In the night we finished the exchanges.
Wednesday- We had zone conference today down in Nuequen.
Thursday- We did our weekly planning today. Then we went out and conacted. We didnt have much success.
Friday- We went and visited a couple people. And then we got put in a trio because the comp of Elder Hill left. We visited a few people in his area.
Saturday- We went and picked up the new comp of Elder Hill. We contacted a little and we were able to visit a less active family.
Sunday- We had church and that went well. We visited a few less actives. and then in the night i gave myself a haircut.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Con amor,
Elder Opfar


1.  Now that you have been in the area for a couple of weeks, what is your favorite thing so far?  
uhm I don't know. We walk a lot and contact a lot. It is hard. We haven't had a lot of success.

2.  Are there any cool places to spend pday?  (Like the Cristo or the Dino in Rincon.)
No I don't think so. We have only play ping pong and soccer. And today we are going to Cipo 2 building to play basketball and soccer with the elders over there

3.  What was the best thing that happened this week?
I cut my own hair last night so that was nice.

                 Follow up:  Why did you cut your own hair?
                 I cut it myself because Elder Thorum has clippers and I needed a haircut. So I cut it.

4.  What scriptures were you able to use this week to teach that stood out to you the most?  What spiritual thought were you able to share this week?
We were talking to a man about Who is God and used a scripture in Romans. I believe Romans 8:16 about we are heirs of the kingdom. 

5.  Any miracles?  :)
not that i can think of. I'll keep thinking about this

6.  Are there any families in particular who are special to you there?
i like the families here. they are great. and we always have lunch so that's good

7.  Do you have any trouble with mosquitoes?  other bugs?
I think down by the coasts of the river yes but I haven't been bit by any yet. 

8.  Is the food you prepare for yourself (breakfast/dinner) any different in Cipo than what you made in Rincon?
nope. in the morning s oatmeal with a little cereal. and at night sometimes I buy some facturas or also I cook the empanada outside like tortillas and have a little cheese with them

9.  Are there more vegetables and fruit in Cipo?
yes. a lot of fruit. fruit is a little cheaper here too so I have been getting fruit every week so far. There are fields where they grow fruit here and it is almost the time when a lot of it gets ripe

10.  What was the best thing you ate this week?  Anything not so good?
uhm I don't know. it was all good. I didn't have anything bad.

11.  What is your pension like?  (Besides bigger...)
its fairly nice. I like it. I like not having dust/dirt on all my stuff after a day because of wind like in Rincon. 

12.  How was church this week?
we had 38 people at church this week

13.  Any new investigators?
no not this week...

I love you.


No comments:

Post a Comment