The Zone leaders and Hermana leaders came to Rincon to meet with Tyler's district.
Plaza Huinlcul Zone
Zone Meeting
Relaxing with his district on P-day
Saying good bye on Sunday to some special families.
Tuesday- We had dictrict meeting. We did a little work in the area of the other elders and a little work in our area.
Wednesday- We did more service. Helped dig more in the giant hole. We then worked mainly in the area of the other Elders.
Thursday- We did our weekly planning. Visited a couple investigators. Then we helped the Hermanas clean their patio. Elder Rodriguez got back from Neuquen today.
Friday- a few good lessons today. Then we did a noche de hogar for investigators and that was good.
Saturday- We had zone conference. There are some big changes in the mission. We had a few good lessons and the other Elders had a baptism. We got transfer calls today. I am currently in Cipolletti!
Sunday- Today we went to church. Then we just visited members and I got to say bye to them. One of our investigators gave me an Argentina Jersey.
I hope all is well with everyone! Have a great week!
Con Amor
Elder Opfar
1. What was the best thing that happened this week?
Um I don't know. we did a lot of service this week.
2. Tell me about a time this week that you felt the spirit.
We were teaching Angela and just answering the questions she had and being able to find the scriptures to answer them.
3. I have noticed "mayonesa" in the grocery store. I'ts next to the mayonnaise. Do they have mayonesa there? Is it different from mayo here?
yes, I don't think it is different. it tastes the same.
4. Has the work picked up any this week with the holidays over?
yeah it got better. but we were in a trio for 4 days so we worked in both areas. but we had some good work
5. The Rincon facebook page posted pictures of a baptism. But there were no missionaries in the photos. Who was the baptism? Whose area was it?
It was an investigator of the other elders
6. What was the hardest thing that happened this week?
digging a giant hole for service
7. Sadly, I've been reading 2 other books ("Living in the 11th Hour" and "Making it through the Middle" in addition to "Jesus the Christ", and also trying to read the BOM again, so I'm not moving very fast on any of them. So many books!! So little time!! How is your study of "Jesus the Christ?" And how is your reading of the New Testament coming? What is something you have studied that has been meaningful to you?
I only read a little from Jesus the Christ every week. I am almost done with 2nd corinthians.
8. Were you able to do any service this week?
yes. we helped dig a giant hole. this hole was like 15 feet deep. we also helped the hermanas clean their patio
9. If you were transferred, who is your new companion and what is he like? Is he American or Latino?
Elder Thorum. He is American. From Utah
10. If you were transferred, what is your pension like? Do you have a washing machine? Have you met any members yet?
It is small. We have a washing machine but it isn't ours. it is the other elders. My comp told me there are sometimes cockroaches in the pension... no haven't met any members. left Rincon at 4:30 this morning.
Always a treat to hear from Elder Opfar! Sounds like he's doing great - tired. PD is also for rest ;) Hang in there and keep working - the Lord is with you.
ReplyDelete