Well today I arrived at the MTC. it started with going to a classroom and learning spanish right from the beginning. Our instructor talks to us only in spanish. We then went to meet the MTC Presidency and then had dinner. That evening we did an activity where we talked with 3 different people. We talked to them as if we were teaching them but it was with a group not just by ourselves. It was great! We then went to meet our zone leaders. They are awesome. I love our zone. In our zone there are a lot of people going to Neuquen. I was surprised at how many people there were. My companion is Elder Gallegos. He's from Syracuse Utah.
July 31
Today was filled with discussing how to teach and listening to the spirit help you as you teach. We had spanish class again today where we talked about how to prepare a lesson. Once again it was only in spanish. After dinner we met with the branch presidency. WE learned from them for a little bit and had personal interviews with them so they can get to know us. It was a long day. But it was great. I love it here!
August 1
Today we taught our first lesson in espanol. It went as well as you would think since we dont know spanish yet. But it can only get better from here. I've only been here for 3 days but it feels like a week. Ive heard the first couple days are the slowest and then they speed up. Each day we just have lots of sitting and studying. Whether it's studying the gospel or Spanish. I think I've learned more spanish here than in the 3 years I took in high school.
I love you all. Thanks for your support.
Elder Tyler Opfar
No comments:
Post a Comment