Argentina Neuquen Mission
July 2014-July 2016

Argentina Neuquen Mission

Argentina Neuquen Mission
Behold, I will send for many fishers, saith the Lord, and they shall fish them; and after will I send for many hunters, and they shall hunt them from every mountain, and from every hill, and out of the holes of the rocks. Jeremiah 16:16

Monday, July 13, 2015

Snow in Bariloche









This week was seriously so awesome!
Mon- we had pday! We ate some McDonalds. Nothing like some super expensive burgers here in Bariloche. But it was good. We walked around Centro a little. And My comp and I were able to visit an investigator. 
Tue- We stayed in the pension all day today. My comp didn't feel good at all. So i just studied and rested a little. 
Wed- We went out and contacted. We had some success with that. We moved the rest of the stuff out of the hermanas old pension. Also some elder from El Bolson came and stayed with us for zone training. 
Thur- WE had a lesson but it fell through. We had Zone training and it was so awesome. Seriously it was incredible. We had a few more elders stay with us. So we had a total of 9 elders in our Pension...
Fri- We met our new president. President Casariego is so awesome! I'm excited that he is the new president! He is the missionary from the story in this talk 
We also did our weekly planning. We tried to visit a few people but they werent home. 
Sat- Well it SNOWED. We woke up and it had snowed that night. We did some contacts in the street. We then had a ward activity. We ate some Locro. It was pretty good. We went out to Dine Huapi to visit some people but they werent home. 
Sun- WE went to church. WE had 40 people there today. But we also had 3 less actives come to church. We went and tried a few people but they were busy. And we came back to the pension because my comp started feeling really sick. 

And it is snowing right now. 

This week was really great! Hope all y'all have great weeks

Con amor
Elder Opfar



1.  How did interviews go?  Did Both Presidente and Hermana Casariego travel to Bariloche?  Was that the first time you have met them?  I wish I could've gone to the Lovell's homecoming today.
it was good. it was more of get to know president more than interviews. we did get a few minutes to go up and talk with them both. they are super awesome! I really like them. it was the first time i met them. 
we had zone training this week also. and we studied the talk Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, again. President Casariego is the missionary from the story. And we as a zone put a goal and committed ourselves that we will baptize 89 people by the end of the transfer. and elder Maluenda and I will baptize 5 people by the end of the transfer. I don't know how we are going to do it. But I have faith it is possible. We can do it. We have to do our part and the Lord will do the rest. 

2.  Did you ever get the Conference Ensign I sent?  I can't remember if you had told me or not.
yeah I did get it! Thanks!

3.  How was Argentina's Independence Day?  What do they do to celebrate?  What did you guys do?
well our lunch got cancelled. but we ended up getting lunch with the zone leaders in their area. The hermana made us some chicken and goat and sausage with potatoes and rice. It was really good. And on Saturday we had a ward activity for 9 de Julio and we ate locro. It is like a traditional stew.



4.  What time does the sun come up in the winter there?  What time does it get dark?  Are you back on the 11p-7a schedule?
wow. here the sun is like up at 9;30ish and goes down about 6:30-7

5.  What are the most common questions you get from people about the church?
are you Jehovah's Witnesses? you have that other bible right? just stuff like that

6.  Are there any parts of your area that you are not allowed to go into?  
in our area no. its fairly safe here

7.  Did you get snow this week?  I am hoping you have it by your birthday!!  It might be the only birthday you ever have with snow!
yeah we got some snow the other day! we woke up saturday with snow! and it is snowing right now! 

8.  What was your most spiritual experience this week?
zone conference and meeting president. Zone conference was seriously so amazing

9.  What has been your biggest challenge?
we need our investigators to come to church

10.  Did you eat any new food this week?  What was your favorite meal?
well locro. my first time trying it. it was good. But probably my favorite was the lunch we had on the 9th. it was seriously so good! 


No comments:

Post a Comment