The Atkissons from SLC.
"There are 230 steps... it is a lot." (above)
"This is right outside our door to the left! So awesome!" (above)
Monday- I traveled 6 hours on the bus to get to Bariloche. I unpacked and emailed. And we were able to visit a member family in the night.
Tuesday- We contacted a little in the morning. We had district meeting and then mission correlation meeting. Both of those went good.
Wednesday- We did service in the afternoon. It rained on us a couple times. We pulled a lot of weeds and threw away some trash. we tried visiting a member family but they weren't home.
Thursday- We were able to visit an investigator and then a member so that was good.
Friday- We visited a recent convert. And another member family. Both of those lessons went well. We finished up the service from the other day. It was a lot of work. There was a lot of trash. WE filled up like a huge container.
Saturday- We contacted but didn't have much success. We tried visiting a couple old investigators and a couple members but they weren't home. Some old lady saw us walking and started talking to us in English. It was weird. She was kind of rude about it. We tried sharing a card with her but she said no that she didn't want any of our church stuff.
Sunday- We went to church. And then we had ward council. We did our weekly planning and we went to choir practice for the stake conference coming up in a few weeks.
I hope you all have a great week!
Con amor
Elder Opfar
Hey mom! Things are doing good! I like it here. It is pretty awesome and beautiful. Yeah there is a lot of chocolate here. And there are a lot of hills.
1. How is the weather?? It looks like it is quite a bit chillier in Bariloche and that you might have gotten some rain. Do you have the things you need to stay warm and dry? If you need anything, there is money in your account. Please make sure you are warm. And dry. :)
It is chilly. Sweater weather. Yeah I have been fine. I think I am going to buy a sweatshirt, I forgot to bring one. so yeah
2. How are your shoes? Are they wearing out at all or are they holding up well? Are they comfortable? Do they keep your feet dry?
they are good. they have held up well so far. pretty comfortable too. yes my feet are dry
3. What is your pension like there? Is it clean? Does it have a washing machine?
yes I have a washing machine! We live above a family. It has carpet too. Yes it is clean. And we cleaned today
4. How was the ward? Are there a lot of members and are they active?
we had like 49 people at church yesterday. the members are great!
5. Do you get fed regularly in Bariloche? What did you eat this week? Have you had anything new, or especially yummy?
yeah we have lunch 5 or 6 days a week. this week was 5. I ate milanese, spaghetti, and yeah. nothing new. I had some flan that was homemade. I haven't liked flan a lot but this was pretty delicious
6. What will you do for p-days there? Soccer? Will you be able to go with the zone or district and do a little sight-seeing sometimes?
I have no idea
7. What has been your biggest success this week?
We worked well with the ward mission leader and the ward counsel pretty well this week
8. What has been your biggest concern or challenge?
we need more new investigators
9. What has been your most significant tender mercy?
there was a couple who from Salt lake who was down here on vacation. and yesterday in church we met them and they told us they wanted to take us out to dinner. so last night we went out to dinner with them. they took us to a pretty nice restaurant and we ate a pretty delicious steak. They names are Ann and Kurt Atkisson. They are recently married. she has a son from the previous marriage and he lives in McKinney. They were awesome
10. What scripture has had the biggest impact on you this week?
uhm I don't know. not only just one scripture.
11. Is your journal filling up? Let me know when you need a new one, and I can get one off to you.
it is almost full. but I have another one. and another after that. I can get them from the mission home
No comments:
Post a Comment