The view of the Cristo from the valley at sunset.
Tyler with Hermana Scofield and Hermana Reid and a sweet Hermana who feeds them twice a week.
They used a flame thrower to heat the water at the baptism a few weeks ago.
Using his best manners and eating a brownie.
This plate of yumminess is flacturas. :)
I'm going to assume this is someone's pet turtle...
Well this week was pretty good. To start off I will begin with a few things I forgot to add last week. So last Sunday the power was out for half the day so we only had 1 hour of church. Also the bus ride going to Cutral Co the bus broke down and we were on the side of the road for an hour. So we ended up getting there and then we had to walk around at 1 am because there were no Taxis coming. We first took the hermanas to where they were staying and then we went to where we stayed. So that was exciting. Also one last thing the 2 days we were there at Cutral Co I worked in the more dangerous area so that was fun.
Tuesday. We did zone pday. We played some basketball and soccer. It was fun to get out and play basketball again. We ended up leaving at 10 pm to head back to Rincon.
Wednesday. Today we had Mission correlation meeting and district meeting. so we didnt get much wok done today. VIsited a few recent converts.
Thursday. We helped the other Elder move pensions. That took a couple hours. Also I ripped my shirt. I was walking and a nail was sticking out and ripped it some. Still wearable so thats good. Today we just visited a few people. We had a couple appointments fall through.
Friday. We did weekly planning today. Then we tried doing some contacting but didnt have success today. We went to a recent convert and her dad told us he wants to be baptized. (I think that's what he said). So that is pretty awesome!
Saturday. Today we had a late lunch. We had pizza and it was pretty delicious. We then did a tsunami in our area. A tsunami is basically when the other missionaries in your district come and help in your area. So we did that and had some success with all. Got some references and a few appointments for the next week.
Sunday. Today we did a tsunami in the area of the Hermanas. I went with Elder Rodriguez. We saw a dog that looked like Yoda so that was awesome. We also talked with a deaf girl. That was an experience. We had to write everything. After that Elder Diaz and I went and contacted references in our area. We had an appointment fall through. But today was good.
This week was good.
Con amor,
Elder Tyler Opfar
My Questions:
1. When did you finally make it back up to Rincon this week? Did you ever find out why the road was closed? Did you have a good pday in Cutral? And...when did you get to do laundry?
We left Tuesday night. Got back at 1 am. Well I found out the buses weren't leaving because someone was killed in Cutral Co and so there weren't any buses leaving. Pday was fun, basketball and soccer. It was fun to play some basketball again. I usually do laundry throughout the week. It makes it less stressful on me to just do some every couple of days rather than trying to do all of it on pday and be stressed.
2. Are there any farms in your area? What do they grow? Do people have gardens?
No there aren't any farms in my area. Our area is basically all houses. I have no idea what they grow here. And I haven't seen really any gardens.
3. Were you able to do any service this week?
Well we helped the other elders move pensions. They moved into their area. So that was fun.
4. Are there any Christmas things in the store yet? Christmas is everywhere this year already. How do they celebrate Christmas?
I have seen like one little paper Christmas tree. That's the most Christmas I have seen. I have no idea what people do down here. I'll find out in a few weeks.
5. What was the funniest thing that happened this week?
We were helping the hermanas in their area yesterday and I went with Elder Rodriguez. We saw a dog that looked a little like Yoda. So that was pretty funny.
6. What is the most memorable thing you studied? Did anything impress on your mind in particular?
In Jesus the Christ I finished up chapter 12 this week. But About John the Baptist and everything with him before Christ and yeah. It was good. I love following the references at the bottom of the pages in that book.
7. Best and worst food this week?
I don't know worst food. But we had some lasagna yesterday that was pretty delicious. We also had some pizza Saturday that was pretty good too.
8. What is the prettiest part of your area? What do you like the most about it?
Well our whole area is dirt. Lots and lot and lots of dirt. Probably the view from Cristo.
9. In what way did the Spirit guide you this week?
With just visiting people. We will be walking after our plans fall through and the thought of someone will come to my mind. so when we visit them we either set up an appointment or can have one there
No comments:
Post a Comment